ENGLISH NATIONAL HERITAGE  - MONUMENT DETAILS

IoE Number: 385189

Date listed: 29 September 1950
Date of last amendment: 13 August 1992
Grade II


NEWARK ON TRENT SK7953NE QUEEN'S HEAD COURT 619-1/8/338 (North West side) 29/09/50 No.4 (Formerly Listed as: NEWARK QUEEN'S HEAD YARD (North West side) Cottage forming part of outbuildings to Queen's Head public house) GV II House, now office. Mid C16, restored 1960. Close studded timber framing with renewed rendered nogging and brick underbuild, and steep pitched plain tile roof with sprocketed eaves. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Jettied front has 4 2-light leaded casements. Below, to left, a close boarded door flanked by single 2-light casements. To right, a similar door with glazing bar sidelights. Right gable has arch braces, and a 3-light leaded casement. Below, a C20 bow window with glazing bars. Rear has close studding with mid rail, and a door to left. (Buildings of England: N Pevsner, revised E Williamson: Nottinghamshire: London: 1979-: 192)

www.imagesofengland.org.uk/details/default.aspx?id=385189